ROCKVILLE, Md., Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), one of the world's largest hotel companies, announced the addition of The Equus to its upscale Ascend Hotel Collection, a network of more than 116 unique, boutique or historic independent hotels that offer guests a distinctive, one-of-a-kind local experience.
Located in the fashionable upperwest side of Waikiki in Honolulu at 1696 Ala Moana Boulevard, The Equus is just steps from Ala Moana Shopping Center, Oahu's largest shopping mall, as well as a wide range of restaurants and lounges. This attractive hotel is also within easy access to Hawai'i attractions such as Waikiki Beach and the Honolulu Zoo.
"The addition of The Equus represents a major milestone in bringing the Ascend Hotel Collection experience to new travelers in key destination markets," said Michael Murphy, senior vice president of upscale brands for Choice Hotels International. "We have been seeking out the perfect partner and property to enter Hawai'i for some time now and are excited to take another step in continuing to forge strong relationships with superior franchisees in top travel markets."The ten-story Equus has a total of 67 guestrooms, all finely appointed with personal touches and indulgent amenities such as cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, mini fridges, Keurig coffee makers with complimentary organic coffee and tea and complimentary high-speed internet access. Rooms with city views and lanai (balconies) are available in addition to upgraded, higher floor rooms. Room rates start at $129.00 for a standard Deluxe Double, up to $289.00 for a One Bedroom Suite. As is customary with each exclusive hotel within Ascend Hotel Collection, The Equus provides a unique reflection of the distinct character of its host city, while providing guests with the highest standards of hospitality and comfort.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV