Kimco Realty (NYSE: KIM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.40%. Kimco Realty Corporation is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets across North America. It is primarily engaged in acquisitions, development, and management of neighborhood and community shopping centers. The company has a P/E ratio of 59.03. The average volume for Kimco Realty has been 3,806,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Kimco Realty has a market cap of $8.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 7.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Kimco Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- KIMCO REALTY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIMCO REALTY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.27 versus $0.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.44 versus $0.27).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 103.02% to $268.31 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KIMCO REALTY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.44%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Kimco Realty Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts