SPDR Consumer Staples (XLP) ($42.89 vs. $42.61 on Nov. 12) set a new all time high at $43.46 on Nov. 18 which was a test of my monthly risky level at $43.22 where buy-and-trade investors could have booked some profits. This ETF is above its 200-day SMA at 40.74 and is up 19.7% over the last 12 months. My semiannual and annual value levels are $37.76 and $34.73 with a semiannual pivot at $42.35 and quarterly and weekly risky levels at $43.92 and $45.03.
SPDR Utilities (XLU) ($38.23 vs. $38.61 on Nov. 12) set a multiyear high at $41.44 on April 30, when it was the best-performing ETF year to date. The all time high is $44.66 set in Dec. 2007. The high since my Nov. 13 post is $39.47, set on Nov. 18, when my weekly risky level was $39.41. This ETF is just below its 200-day SMA at $38.49 and is up 9.5% over the last 12 months. My monthly and semiannual value levels are $37.68 and $37.08, respectively, with quarterly and semiannual risky levels at $39.89 and $40.39, respectively.
SPDR Medical (XLV) ($54.61 vs. $53.26 on Nov. 12) set a new all time high at $55.70 on Nov. 25. This ETF is above its 200-day SMA at $49.36 and is up 35.7% over the last 12 months. My semiannual value level is $47.93, with a quarterly pivot at $53.85 and monthly and weekly risky levels at $55.58 and $56.09, respectively.
SPDR Consumer Discretionary (XLY) ($64.52 vs. $63.28 on Nov. 12) set a new all-time high at $65.85 on Nov. 29 where buy-and-trade investors could have booked some profits. This ETF is above its 200-day SMA at $57.91 and is up 37% over the last 12 months. My semiannual value levels are $61.27 and $55.37, respectively, with quarterly and monthly risky levels at $65.76 and $66.87, respectively.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV