SHANGHAI, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) announced today that its laminate film designed to keep solar panels cooler and more efficient has been named one of the top 10 most innovative materials in a competition held in China.
PowerShield™ Cool Black, a backsheet film that helps reduce solar panel operating temperature by reflecting solar radiation, was honored at PVTOP50, a competition organized by Modern Photovoltaics magazine and the Website solarpvsources.cn.
The competition, first held in 2007, encourages innovation, initiative and creativity among companies to accelerate scientific achievements. Honeywell's material was chosen by a combination of public and consumer votes and through an assessment by a judging panel consisting of managers from the National Development and Reform Commission of China and experts from China's photovoltaic industry associations. China is the world's largest producer of solar panels.
"The technology behind PowerShield Cool Black is based on more than three decades of Honeywell innovation in high-barrier films for food packaging, industrial and healthcare applications," said Xu Huang, Asia general manager for Honeywell Specialty Products. "Collaborative testing by local Chinese component manufacturers and other global leaders has proven the effectiveness of this technology to meet the demanding needs of solar manufacturers. Honeywell is committed to an active and global research and development program for photovoltaic backsheets, with laboratories in the U.S. and Shanghai."PowerShield Cool Black is a black laminate film designed to help make black solar panels cooler and more efficient. It helps reduce solar panel operating temperature by using an innovative and proprietary technology that reflects un-used solar radiation. When panels operate at lower temperatures, their electrical components are able to operate more effectively and generate more power.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV