Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE:DPS) has once again been named a member of The Civic 50, an initiative to identify and recognize companies for their efforts to improve the communities where they operate. The survey was conducted by the National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC) and Points of Light, expert organizations on civic engagement, and published by Bloomberg News.
“We are proud to be a part of the Civic 50 for the second year in a row,” said Vicki Draughn, vice president of corporate affairs for DPS. “It’s a reflection of our commitment to drive positive change in communities and a testament to our employees’ engagement in making a difference in their hometowns.”
DPS continues to advance its ACTION Nation philanthropy program with the mission to foster physically active, engaged and sustainable communities where its employees, customers and consumers operate. The program targets four areas – fit and active lifestyles, environmental initiatives, emergency relief and hometown giving. Highlights from DPS’s numerous philanthropic initiatives and partnerships include:
- Let’s Play, a community partnership led by DPS to get kids and families active nationwide. The first Let’s Play initiative was a three-year, $15 million commitment to non-profit partner KaBOOM! to build or fix up 2,000 playgrounds across the country, benefiting 5 million children. The commitment will be fulfilled this month.
- United Way – DPS has partnered with United Way since 2008, raising close to $8.5 million, including nearly $2.2 million this year, plus contributing thousands of volunteer hours to local United Way chapters and its agencies.
- Keep America Beautiful – DPS donated $300,000 this year to Keep America Beautiful to fund the placement of recycling bins in public state, regional and city parks.
- American Red Cross – The company continues to support the relief efforts of the American Red Cross and its Annual Disaster Giving Program through a $1 million, four-year commitment initiated in 2011.
“The results of this year’s Civic 50 survey show that even the most civically engaged companies are doing more to make community engagement a top priority and a permanent aspect of their business strategy,” said Michael Weiser, chairman of the Board, National Conference on Citizenship and Neil Bush, chairman of the Board, Points of Light, in a joint statement. “These 50 companies are showing others in the private sector how to boost the bottom line and make the world a better place.”DPS was evaluated on several elements, including leadership, measurement and strategy, design, employee civic health, community partnerships, cause alignment and transparency. To learn more about The Civic 50 survey as well as the importance of civic engagement in corporate America, please visit www.Civic50.org. About Dr Pepper Snapple Group Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by more than 50 brands that are synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor. We have six of the top 10 non-cola soft drinks, and 13 of our 14 leading brands are No. 1 or No. 2 in their flavor categories. In addition to our flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, our portfolio includes 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Clamato, Crush, Hawaiian Punch, Mott's, Mr & Mrs T mixers, Peñafiel, Rose's, Schweppes, Squirt and Sunkist soda. To learn more about our iconic brands and Plano, Texas-based company, please visit DrPepperSnapple.com. For our latest news and updates, follow us at Facebook.com/DrPepperSnapple or Twitter.com/DrPepperSnapple.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV