Trade-Ideas: Tiffany (TIF) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- TIF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $142.7 million.
- TIF has traded 869,303 shares today.
- TIF is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TIF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TIF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TIF: Tiffany & Co., through its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and retails jewelry worldwide. The company operates through Americas, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Europe, and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. TIF has a PE ratio of 24.4. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Tiffany a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tiffany has been 956,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tiffany has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.80 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.22 days to cover. Shares are up 54.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tiffany as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 49.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $63.18 million to $94.61 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.07, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for TIFFANY & CO is rather high; currently it is at 62.00%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.37% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $85.05 million or 7.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TIFFANY & CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.35%.
- You can view the full Tiffany Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts