Millions of Americans are currently enrolling in their health benefits for the coming year. DaVita®, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. (NYSE: DVA) and a leading provider of kidney care services, shares tips for open enrollment for dialysis patients.
Dialysis patients in particular should take time to review their benefit options.
- Understand your benefit options and who will be impacted: Review your options for medical, dental, vision and disability and take time to understand how they will best meet the needs of you and your family.
- Know the timing for enrollment: Enrollment may last only one to two weeks. Knowing how to enroll and how to make changes as well as the window to do so will help you and your family prepare.
- Review the information available: Look for materials from your employer about your choices. Watch for information about your current coverage and coverage options for the upcoming year, which may be provided to you via mailings or handouts from employers.
- Look for changes in coverage: Review actual coverage availability within your plan offerings and take time to understand your access to care, prescription coverage, out-of-pocket costs and co-pays.
“Insurance coverage and plan options can be complicated,” said Leticia Graves, DaVita insurance manager. “Any changes to your benefits could have a substantial effect on your care and finances in the coming year. Take the time to review and understand your options.”
If you’re employed and receive health benefits through your employer, please visit DaVita.com/WorkingPatients for additional information.DaVita and DaVita HealthCare Partners SM are trademarks or registered trademarks of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. About DaVita DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of September 30, 2013, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 2,042 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 166,000 patients. The company also operated 66 outpatient dialysis centers located in ten countries outside the United States. DaVita supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu. For more information, please visit DaVita.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts