What To Buy: Goldman Sachs Group Inc's Buy Recommendation Reiterated
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 42.06% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 47.19% is the gross profit margin for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.32% is above that of the industry average.
- GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $14.15 versus $4.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($15.03 versus $14.15).
- GS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 18.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts