The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) today reported net earnings of $154.8 million, or $2.62 per share, on a net sales increase of 4.2 percent to $2,041.4 million for its fiscal year ended October 31, 2013. In fiscal 2012, the company delivered net earnings of $129.5 million, or $2.14 per share, on net sales of $1,958.7 million.
For the fourth quarter, Toro reported net earnings of $5 million, or $0.08 per share, on a net sales increase of 12.7 percent to $382.4 million. In the comparable fiscal 2012 period, the company posted net earnings of $0.3 million on net sales of $339.3 million.
The company also announced that its board of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.20 per share, an increase from its previous quarterly dividend rate of $0.14 per share. This dividend is payable on January 15, 2014, to shareholders of record on December 30, 2013. In addition, the company increased its annual dividend guideline to 30 to 40 percent of its three-year average net earnings per share, up from the previous guideline of 20 to 30 percent. In fiscal 2013, the company paid $32.5 million in dividends and repurchased over 2 million shares of its common stock, returning more than $130 million in total cash to its shareholders.
“The Toro Company completed a record year with new highs for revenues, operating earnings and earnings per share,” said Michael J. Hoffman, Toro’s chairman and chief executive officer. “We are particularly excited to have crossed over the $2 billion revenue milestone for the first time in the company’s history, a timely accomplishment as we head down the home stretch to our Centennial in July 2014. In addition, we remain focused on returning value to our shareholders, as demonstrated by the increase in both our annual dividend guideline and quarterly cash dividend.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV