Vale (VALE) Leading In Pre-Market Activity
- VALE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $231.1 million.
- VALE traded 18,889 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:06 AM.
- VALE is up 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VALE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VALE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VALE: Vale S.A. engages in the research, production, and marketing of iron ore and pellets, nickel, fertilizers, copper, coal, manganese, ferroalloys, cobalt, platinum group metals, and precious metals in Brazil and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. VALE has a PE ratio of 13.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Vale a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vale has been 17.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vale has a market cap of $76.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 29.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vale as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $4,162.84 million or 2.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -30.05%.
- The gross profit margin for VALE SA is rather high; currently it is at 52.79%. Regardless of VALE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VALE's net profit margin of 1.24% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 94.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2,302.44 million to $117.72 million.
- The share price of VALE SA has not done very well: it is down 14.69% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts