Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M) today announced it has signed a multi-year agreement for an exclusive new women’s fashion brand inspired by Thalía, an internationally recognized actor, recording artist, music producer, author and philanthropist.
The new brand – called Thalía Sodi – is expected to launch exclusively in 300 Macy’s stores nationwide and on macys.com in spring 2015 with dresses, tops, pants, shoes and jewelry. Additional categories are expected in future years.
“Thalía is one of the biggest stars on a global stage – a favorite artist and personality not only in the Latino community, but among fans everywhere who love her music, her style, her passion and her charisma,” said Terry J. Lundgren, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Macy’s, Inc. “When it comes to fashion, Thalía is a trendsetter for Latinas who love to step out and stand out in a way that is flirty, fun, vivacious and put together. Hispanic women are one of the fastest-growing consumer segments in America and already important customers for Macy’s in major markets across the country. With this new Thalía Sodi brand, sold only at Macy’s, we will have an even stronger fashion offering that directly addresses the style, fit, and color preferences of this customer.”
Thalía Sodi products will be designed and produced by Macy’s highly regarded Private Brands organization based on Thalía’s viewpoint and lifestyle. She will provide robust marketing support, including serving as the brand’s model, spokeswoman and advocate.“I am very excited and honored to partner with Macy’s, an iconic American brand that believes in our community, to launch a collection that will be fabulous, fun and flirty - truly representative of who I am as a Latina. This new fashion venture of apparel and accessories has been a longtime passion of mine and I can't wait for my fans and women from all over the world to wear my collection,” said Thalía.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV