NEW YORK, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- W. P. Carey Inc. (NYSE: WPC), a real estate investment trust ("REIT") specializing in corporate sale-leaseback financing, build-to-suit construction financing and the acquisition of single-tenant net-lease properties, announced today that it has entered into a build-to-suit transaction for a new office facility for Banco Santander S.A. ("Santander") in Monchengladbach, Germany.
Santander is one of the world's leading banks and the largest in the Eurozone. It has 14,500 branches worldwide—more than any other international bank—and 103 million customers. Santander's new Monchengladbach facility will help the bank to develop its growing operations in Germany.
- Triple net lease: Jennifer Lucas, Director of W. P. Carey in Europe, said, "This acquisition is a strategic addition to our portfolio: a long-term, triple net lease with an investment grade tenant for a key facility located within the strongest economy in Europe." Upon completion in 2015, the Class-A office building will be leased to Santander on a 20-year triple net basis.
- Critical facility: Located in the Nordpark area of Monchengladbach, a growing business park with excellent transport connections, the facility—together with its existing headquarters—will act as one of Santander's primary business locations in Germany. The facility brings together 1,500 personnel from various locations across Monchengladbach to a single building.
- Construction cost: Approximately $65 million (€48 million).
- Financing: W. P. Carey has obtained financing for 100% of construction costs during the construction period and secured a commitment for permanent financing with interest rates locked in at current levels. The permanent financing will fund upon completion of construction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV