Dec. 5, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- After reviewing thousands of ads coming from all corners of the globe, PepsiCo's Doritos brand today unveiled its list of semifinalist consumer-created Doritos ads in this year's "Crash the Super Bowl" contest. Since early October, fans have been showing off their love of Doritos tortilla chips through 30-second homemade Doritos advertisements as part of the contest that will ultimately see two lucky winners' ads air in front of a global television audience during Super Bowl XLVIII. The ad's creators will also win the opportunity to work with Marvel Studios on the set of
"Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron,"
and for the first time in the contest's history, the creator of the ad that receives the most fan votes will win a guaranteed
(U.S) in prize money. To view the semifinalist ads, visit
. The five finalist ads that have a shot at winning the
prize will be announced in early January.
The Crash the Super Bowl semifinalist ads (in alphabetical order by finalist last name) are:
- "Jim Figures It Out" by Camilla Agerskov, Denmark
- "Doritos Makes Everything Better" by Jordan Allen, United States
- "Luchadoritos" by Theodore Allen, United States
- "Time Machine" by Ryan Andersen, United States
- "Office Thief" by Chris Chapel, United States
- "Kickball Cowboy" by Todd Dack, United States
- "Mants" by Tyler Dixon, United States
- "Chips Before Chicks" by Bradley Friesen, Canada
- "The Cowboy Kid" by Amber Gill, United States
- "Dive" by Shane Habberstad, United States
- "Ostrich Breakroom" by Eric Haviv, United States
- "Sorry Karl" by Lacey Houchen, United States
- "Imaginary Friend" by Danny Isserles, Israel
- "Bold Moves" by Shane Konicki, United States
- "The Most Generous Man" by Sylvain Lebeau, Canada
- "Doritos Peace (Peacekeeper)" by Kevin Meiring, South Africa
- "Amish Paradise" by Lambert Mixson, United States
- "Inertia" by Julen Murguia, Mexico
- "Finger Cleaner" by Thomas Noakes, Australia
- "Body Cast" by Casey Schweikert, Australia
- "Mermaid" by Nelson Talbot, Canada
- "Valet" by Shane Valdez, United States
- "Who's Your Daddy" by Kendra Waldman, United States
- "A Snack Worth Saving" by Joshua Wong, Hong Kong
From here, five finalists will be selected and the world will then be invited to vote for the best ad. Ultimately, two ads will air during the Super Bowl broadcast — one will be selected by fan votes on
and the other by the Doritos brand. The creators of both winning ads will receive the opportunity to work on the set of
"Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron"
and the ad with the highest total number of votes will win its creator the
grand prize. The runner-up will receive
Each of the five Crash the Super Bowl finalists will win an invitation to
East Rutherford, N.J.
, to attend Super Bowl XLVIII and watch the game from a private luxury suite, where they will tune in to learn which finalist ads will air for the world's attention. The three finalists whose commercials don't air during the broadcast will each win
(U.S.). The Super Bowl XLVIII broadcast will be on
Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014
, on FOX.
As one of the leading snack brands in the world, Doritos has a presence in 46 countries and six continents. With flavors ranging from Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch to Sweet Chili Pepper and Tangy Cheese, the worldwide Doritos portfolio currently offers more than 70 unique varieties.