CHICAGO, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Workers have reason for holiday cheer this season as employers continue to give back to their employees with holiday perks (bonuses, parties and gifts). The national survey was conducted online by Harris Interactive© from August 13 to September 6, 2013, and included a representative sample of 3,484 workers and 2,099 hiring managers and human resource professionals across industries and company sizes.
Bonuses: Forty-five percent of employers plan to give their employees holiday bonuses this year, in line with 46 percent in 2012. Forty percent plan to provide the same size or larger bonus this year.
Parties: Three in five (59 percent) employers are throwing company holiday parties for their workers in December, the same as in 2012. One in five workers plan to attend their company party this season.
Gifts: Thirty-five percent of employers plan on giving their employees holiday gifts this year, on par with last year (36 percent).Co-worker Gifts Twenty-two percent of workers plan on exchanging gifts with co-workers this holiday season, while 21 percent are buying a gift for their boss. The majority (78 percent) of workers who plan to buy gifts for their co-workers expect to spend $25 or less on each gift, 36 percent will spend $10 or less, and 10 percent will spend $5 or less. While most gift exchanges between co-workers contain relatively standard holiday gifts, some gifts stand out as particularly extraordinary. When asked to share the most unusual gifts received from co-workers, workers reported receiving:
- 50 pounds of fresh Louisiana shrimp
- A picture of the boss's family
- A plaster cast of a co-worker's hand
- A half-eaten box of candy
- Homemade laundry detergent
- Camouflage toilet paper
- A unicorn calendar
- Hula hoop
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV