CARLSTADT, N.J., Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pantone, an X-Rite company and a global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, and Valspar Paint ®, a leader in the paint industry, today announced the addition of PANTONE ® Radiant Orchid, the 2014 Color of the Year, to the PANTONE UNIVERSE™ Paint Collection by Valspar available exclusively at Lowe's stores nationwide. An embracing harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid is an expressive color that emanates great joy, love and health in the home.
"Nothing can transform the mood of a room more than color, and the purple family has continued to grow in popularity and acceptance among interior designers and consumers alike," said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute ®. "As we move into 2014, we are beginning to embrace bold paint colors in the home for accent walls or to revamp key furniture pieces. Radiant Orchid is a surprisingly versatile, modern hue that evokes a sense of creativity and movement that will elevate any room to a new dimension."
"Through our partnership with Pantone and the Valspar Love Your Color Guarantee, we continue to deliver on our promise to help people connect to the power of color," said Sue Kim, color and trend specialist, Valspar. "Design-savvy consumers can infuse Radiant Orchid, a pleasing attention-getter, into their homes to add a sense of drama and glamour to any space."The Versatility of Radiant Orchid in the HomeReinvigorate your home with Radiant Orchid and complementary color combinations from the PANTONE UNIVERSE Paint Collection by Valspar including:
- Shades of blue: Create a personalized look and defy conventional wisdom by coupling this eye-catching hue with varying blue tones. Bring excitement to soft, ethereal PANTONE Illusion Blue, or give your room an exotic flair by pairing this purple hue with PANTONE Moroccan Blue. A striking and resplendent complement to PANTONE Peacock Blue, Radiant Orchid's incandescent spirit can be applied through accessories, upholstery and, of course, paint in living rooms, bedrooms and kitchens.
- Nuanced neutrals: Reenergize your home by adding pops of Radiant Orchid to neutral hues. This vibrant color enlivens lighter to deeper neutral shades, including PANTONE Mushroom and PANTONE Timber Wolf, as well as warmer neutrals such as PANTONE Bleached Sand. Use Radiant Orchid in hallways for a unique visual pathway or accentuate small spaces, such as the interior of a closet or a cabinet, for a pleasant surprise.
- Daring purples: Give your dining room the royal treatment by pairing Radiant Orchid with PANTONE Amaranth for a dramatic and sophisticated look. Radiant Orchid is also compatible with its sister shades of lavender, purple and pink, including PANTONE Wild Orchid, and adds a touch of sensuality to romantic PANTONE Sweet Lavender.
- Gorgeous greens: Uplifting without being overpowering, Radiant Orchid epitomizes the glory and freshness of spring when paired with PANTONE Tender Shoots, bringing a burst of tropical garden color indoors. It also provides a unique accent for deeper greens, such as PANTONE Hunter Green, which makes Radiant Orchid the perfect paint color for pottery and patio furniture.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV