Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified General Growth Properties (GGP) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified General Growth Properties as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GGP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.9 million.
- GGP is up 12.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GGP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GGP NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on GGP: General Growth Properties, Inc is an equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It engages in owning, managing, leasing, and redeveloping high-quality regional malls. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. GGP has a PE ratio of 136.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate General Growth Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.The average volume for General Growth Properties has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General Growth has a market cap of $18.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.18 days to cover. Shares are up 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Growth Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 113.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$207.89 million to $27.48 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $292.32 million or 29.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.44%.
- GENERAL GROWTH PPTYS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL GROWTH PPTYS INC reported poor results of -$0.52 versus -$0.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.12 versus -$0.52).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- The gross profit margin for GENERAL GROWTH PPTYS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.08%. Regardless of GGP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GGP's net profit margin of 4.34% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full General Growth Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about GGP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV