Today's Post-Market Laggard Is Avago Technologies (AVGO)
- AVGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.8 million.
- AVGO is down 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AVGO: Avago Technologies Limited engages in the design, development, and supply of analog semiconductor devices with a focus on III-V based products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. AVGO has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Avago Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Avago Technologies has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Avago has a market cap of $11.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.68 days to cover. Shares are up 42.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Avago Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- AVGO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.23, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD is rather high; currently it is at 54.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.04% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $137.00 million or 7.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.89%.
- AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.26 versus $2.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.82 versus $2.26).
- You can view the full Avago Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.