INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev., Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PDL BioPharma, Inc. (PDL) (NASDAQ: PDLI) today announced that the adjusted conversion rate for the:
- 3.75% Convertible Senior Notes due May 1, 2015 ( May 2015 Notes), is 159.9165 shares of common stock per $1,000 principal amount or approximately $6.25 per share, effective December 3, 2013; and
- 2.875% Series 2012 Convertible Senior Notes due February 15, 2015 (Series 2012 Notes), is 182.598 shares of common stock per $1,000 principal amount or approximately $5.48 per share, effective December 3, 2013.
The conversion rates for the notes are adjusted in connection with the regular quarterly dividend of $0.15 to be paid on December 12, 2013, to all stockholders who own shares of PDL on December 5, 2013, the record date.
May 2015 NotesThe conversion rate for the May 2015 Notes was previously 157.3700 shares of common stock per $1,000 principal amount of the May 2015 Notes. In connection with a cash dividend, the conversion rate is increased by multiplying the previous conversion rate by a fraction, the numerator of which is the average closing price of PDL's common stock for the 10 consecutive trading days immediately preceding the ex-dividend date of December 3, 2013, for the cash dividend, and the denominator of which is such average closing price minus the per share dividend amount. Series 2012 Notes The conversion rate for the Series 2012 Notes was previously 179.777 shares of common stock per $1,000 principal amount of the Series 2012 Notes. In connection with a cash dividend, the conversion rate is increased by multiplying the previous conversion rate by a fraction, the numerator of which is the average closing price of PDL's common stock for the five consecutive trading days immediately preceding the ex-dividend date of December 3, 2013, for the cash dividend, and the denominator of which is such average closing price minus the per share dividend amount. About PDL BioPharmaPDL BioPharma manages a portfolio of patents and royalty assets, consisting primarily of its Queen et al. antibody humanization patents and license agreements with various biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. PDL pioneered the humanization of monoclonal antibodies and, by doing so, enabled the discovery of a new generation of targeted treatments for cancer and immunologic diseases for which it receives significant royalty revenue. PDL is currently focused on intellectual property asset management, investing in new income generating assets, and maximizing value for its shareholders. The company was formerly known as Protein Design Labs, Inc. and changed its name to PDL BioPharma, Inc. in 2006. PDL was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Incline Village, Nevada. In 2011, PDL initiated a strategy to bring in new income generating assets from the healthcare sector. To accomplish this goal, PDL seeks to provide non-dilutive growth capital and financing solutions to late stage public and private healthcare companies and offers immediate financial monetization of royalty streams to companies, academic institutions, and inventors. PDL successfully executed on this strategy by deploying approximately $500 million to date and continues to pursue this strategic initiative. PDL is focused on the quality of the income generating assets and potential returns on investment. For more information, please visit www.pdl.com. NOTE: PDL BioPharma and the PDL BioPharma logo are considered trademarks of PDL BioPharma, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV