NAPERVILLE, Ill., Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Asset Management, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLMS), a global investment firm, today announced that Nick Calamos is leaving the Calamos Board of Directors to further pursue his interests in education and philanthropy. The move follows his decision to step away from his day-to-day role with the firm in August 2012 and his agreement to sell to John P. Calamos, Sr. his private interest in Calamos Family Partners. The separation agreement includes non-compete and non-solicitation provisions which extend for a period of four years following Nick's departure.
As a result of this transaction, John P. Calamos, Sr., Chief Executive Officer and Global Co-Chief Investment Officer of Calamos Investments, has announced his intention to form Calamos Partners, in order to allow senior portfolio management and executives of the firm to participate in the private ownership of Calamos Investments. In discussing the formation of Calamos Partners, he stated, "Over the years, I have sought to align senior portfolio management and executives with the long-term objectives of the firm and interests of our shareholders. Calamos Partners will enable the firm to strengthen its alignments with key talent."
John P. Calamos, Sr. also said, "We wish Nick the best in his future pursuits. Over the last 18 months we have significantly strengthened the Calamos Board of Directors with the appointments of Global Co-CIO Gary Black, Thomas Eggers, Keith (Kim) Schappert and William Shiebler, all of whom have held the role of CEO at asset management firms."
He continued, "The firm is well positioned for future growth thanks to the strengthening of our investment team and the expansion of our investment strategies, including alternatives, value and high yield."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV