WASHINGTON, Dec. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoStar Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CSGP), the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and marketing services, today announced the launch of CoStar Multifamily™, an enhanced capability within the CoStar product suite that harnesses the power of CoStar's comprehensive research for the multifamily sector.
With CoStar Multifamily, the same powerful information tools used by office, retail and industrial professionals are now available for multifamily professionals. Following a massive effort by CoStar's industry-leading research team, CoStar now offers the largest and most comprehensive multifamily database in the U.S. The CoStar database provides coverage on nearly 300,000 apartment communities with five or more units for a total of over 16 million apartments, which is believed to be more than twice the number of properties found in any other multifamily data source. The data is proactively verified and maintained on an aggressive update frequency by CoStar's 1,200-plus researchers.
Subscribers to CoStar can search and analyze multifamily properties in stunning detail. CoStar is capturing information such as multifamily-specific submarkets, building quality, effective rents, concessions, occupancy levels, ownership, unit sizes, bed/bath mix, amenities, images and more.Key features in CoStar Multifamily include:
- Building details and quality
- Asking rents, effective rents, concessions and occupancy rates
- Over 1 million sales comps dating back to 1995
- Site-verified construction locations and delivery schedules
- Floor plans and high-resolution property images
- Highly detailed information on amenities, unit sizes and mixes
- A team of 50 economists providing market analysis and forecasting in 210 markets