NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets have been volatile following the November ADP report as investors worry about a potential tapering from the Federal Reserve.
TheStreet's Debra Borchardt spoke to Jon Corpina, senior managing partner at Meridian Equity Partners, about what investors may expect for the rest of the month.
Corpina said the economic data aren't as important to market participants as the interpretation because of how it will sway the Fed. Volatility has reemerged among all the uncertainty, something that doesn't help a market near all-time highs.
Corpina stressed that it will be important for the uncertainty to be removed, so the market can get back to technicals and fundamentals. Right now, there are too many questions regarding tapering; when it will begin, how much will be tapered and how fast?Over the short term, positive economic news is bad because of tapering, but over the long term, it's a good thing. Aside from tapering fears, there's the political mess surrounding the budget debate, underperforming funds and tax maneuvers, Corpina concluded, making it a bumpy ride for the rest of the year. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV