ADVISORY, Dec. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- U.S. market indices were marginally lower after hitting multi-year and, in some cases, record highs. Bulls are looking for a catalyst for the next leg up, while bears fret the speed of the recent moves higher and potential Fed "tapering."
"With the holiday shortened trading week and end-of-year portfolio considerations, some traders took profits while assessing current market levels," said Dave Gedeon, Managing Director of NASDAQ OMX Global Information Services. "How investors are viewing valuations across the global markets will be an interesting catalyst for the start of 2014 as the spread between U.S. and emerging markets has increased significantly in 2013."
|TOP INDEX MOVERS LAST 6 TRADING DAYS (+/-)|
|EQUITY INDEXES:||11/25 - 12/03|
|NASDAQ EM EUROPE INDEX (NQEMEU)||-4.3%|
|NASDAQ INTERNET INDEX (QNET)||+2.1%|
|NASDAQ OMX GLOBAL WATER INDEX (GRNWATERL)||-1.9%|
|NASDAQ OMX US WATER INDEX (GRNWATUSL)||-1.9%|
|NASDAQ 100 INDEX (NDX)||+1.5%|
|COMMODITY INDEXES:||11/25 – 12/03|
|PHLX GOLD/SILVER SECTOR INDEX (XAU)||-6.1%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY SILVER INDEX ER (NQCISIER)||-4.3%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY NATURAL GAS INDEX ER (NQCINGER)||+3.5%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY PRECIOUS METALS INDEX ER (NQCIPMER)||-2.1%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY CRUDE OIL INDEX ER (NQCICLER)||+2.1%|
INDEX MOVES THIS WEEK
- The NASDAQ EM Europe Index (NQEMEU) fell 4.3% as Eurozone GDP and Spanish Manufacturing PMIs data caused concern. Deflation anxieties in the region have some calling for further ECB action.
- The PHLX Gold/Silver Sector Index ( XAU) and NASDAQ Commodity Silver Index ER (NQCISIER) declined 6.1%, continuing a yearlong downward trend . These indices are falling in part because inflation has not yet presented itself in the data and also because potential monetary actions would make precious metals less attractive.
- The NASDAQ 100 Index (NDX) which tracks the top 100 non-financial stocks rose 1.5% as a number of technology and communications companies outperformed.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Nick Lawler Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5613 firstname.lastname@example.org Nora Sabry Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5468 email@example.com Wayne Lee NASDAQ OMX (301) 978-4875 Wayne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV