[video] Quick Take: ADP Delivers Strong Numbers
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ADP jobs report released Wednesday showed more jobs added last month than expected. TheStreet's Debra Borchardt spoke to David Nelson, chief strategist at Belpointe Asset Management, about the impact this could have on the markets.
According to the report, 215,000 private-sector jobs were added to the economy in November, exceeding economists' expectations of 185,000. October results were also revised higher.
Nelson said that historically the ADP report has not been a good indicator of what the nonfarm payrolls report will look like. The federal government data will be released on Friday morning before the market opens.
He said he still expects a solid report on Friday and also believes unemployment will decline.But doesn't that warrant asset tapering by the Federal Reserve? According to Nelson, the market may react that way, as it did to the ADP report this morning, but ultimately tapering won't begin until later in the first quarter of 2014. Regarding housing, he said the big question would be how rising interest rates will affect housing prices and home sales. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV