Silicom Ltd. (NASDAQ:SILC) (TASE:SILC) today announced the launch of a new high-performance PCI Express Server encryption and compression card family based on the Intel® Communications Chipset 89xx. Silicom’s product family offers several significant advantages over all competing solutions:
- High level of performance for both SSL and compression;
- Excellent compatibility with Intel® architecture through the implementation of Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® architecture is today’s most widely utilized server architecture);
- Wide selection of cards, resulting in maximized flexibility to the customer; and
- Great price/performance ratio.
Silicom’s new encryption and compression cards offload encryption and compression tasks from the server’s CPU, thereby enhancing and accelerating overall server performance. Server acceleration is a critically important feature in the era of virtualization, cloud and SDN, which are creating a continuous need to improve the performance of servers within the data center while minimizing footprint and power consumption.
The following PCI Express Adapters based on the Intel Communications Chipset have now been released:
- PE3iS4CO2: features four Intel® Communications Chipset 8950 PCI Express x8/G3s
- PE3iSCO2: features the Intel® Communications Chipset 8950 PCI Express x8/G3
- PE2iSCO2: features the Intel® Communications Chipset 8950 PCI Express x8/G2
- PE2iSCO1: features the Intel® Communications Chipset 8925 PCI Express x8/G2
- M1E2iCO2: features the Intel® Communications Chipset 8950 SETAC Module x8/G2
In addition, Silicom is now developing the following longer-term solutions also based on the new Intel Communications Chipset:
- FIPS-140-2 level 3-certified card (targeted for government applications)
- SoNIC System-on-a-NIC: an Intel® architecture-based system-on-a-PCI-Express-card with accelerator (targeted for application offload)