WGU Graduates Get High Ratings From Employers
Survey by Harris Interactive Shows High Level of Satisfaction with Graduates of Western Governors University
SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- For the vast majority of adults returning to college to earn a bachelor's or master's degree, there is a goal in mind: advancing their careers. While busy adults increasingly choose online universities for their flexibility, they need assurance that the degrees they earn will be respected by employers. Western Governors University (WGU), www.wgu.edu, recently commissioned Harris Interactive to conduct a survey of employers of its graduates, asking questions about their preparation and job performance. The responses by employers demonstrate that WGU graduates are well prepared and highly valued employees:
- 96 percent said that WGU graduates exceed their expectations.
- 97 percent rated WGU graduates' job performance as good as or better than the job performance of graduates from other colleges and universities; 57 percent rated it better.
- 98 percent indicated that they would be willing to hire another WGU graduate.
- 100 percent said that the WGU graduates they hired were prepared for their jobs; 88 percent said they were very well or extremely well prepared.
WGU's competency-based learning model is ideal for busy adults who want to increase their education to advance their careers. Competency-based learning measures learning rather than time spent in class, allowing students to advance as soon as they demonstrate their mastery of course subject matter. Required competencies for each degree program are defined in collaboration with employers, ensuring that students graduate with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the workforce. Students have 24/7 access to course materials and have the individualized support and guidance of faculty mentors. They study and learn on their own schedules and at their own pace, moving quickly through what they already know so they can focus on what they still need to learn. In many cases, this shortens the time to graduation—the average time to complete a bachelor's degree at WGU is about 3 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV