3. As of noon trading, Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) is down $1.88 (-2.2%) to $85.11 on heavy volume. Thus far, 3.7 million shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $82.24-$85.56 after having opened the day at $84.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.99. Marathon Petroleum Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in refining, transporting, and marketing petroleum products primarily in the United States. It operates through Refining & Marketing, Speedway, and Pipeline Transportation segments. Marathon Petroleum has a market cap of $26.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 38.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Marathon Petroleum a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marathon Petroleum as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts