2. As of noon trading, Hess ( HES) is up $1.12 (1.4%) to $82.26 on light volume. Thus far, 631,601 shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $80.98-$82.65 after having opened the day at $80.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.15. Hess Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an independent energy company worldwide. It operates in two segments, Exploration and Production (E&P), and Marketing and Refining (M&R). Hess has a market cap of $27.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 53.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Hess a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hess as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Hess Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts