3. As of noon trading, PPG Industries ( PPG) is up $2.80 (1.5%) to $184.46 on average volume. Thus far, 301,770 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 704,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $181.71-$184.60 after having opened the day at $181.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $181.66. PPG Industries, Inc. operates as a coatings and specialty products company. PPG Industries has a market cap of $26.1 billion and is part of the chemicals industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 35.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate PPG Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PPG Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full PPG Industries Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts