Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:57 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Thursday.
Costco Wholesale (COST) stock is lower. Cramer suggested the company, a holding in his Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, might be down because it does not carry any Apple (AAPL) products. Apple is another AAP holding. COST closed 1.6% lower at $120.95.
Goldman Sachs initiated Radian Group (RDN) as a buy. Cramer said the mortgage insurance industry is back and the stock is performing well ever since its secondary offering in February. RDN rose 1.1% to $14.61.
Shares of Celgene (CELG) have "plateaued," according to Cramer, but upcoming approvals of some of its drugs should be positive for the stock. CELG rose 2.8% to $164.51.Barclays issued a positive note on Tesla Motors (TSLA). Cramer pointed out the car company is working with SolarCity (SCTY) on its engine and battery segment. TSLA was up 1.1% to $140.48. Raymond James cut Exxon Mobil (XOM) to buy from strong buy. "I think this is a dead-wrong call," Cramer opined. He said Exxon is one of Warren Buffett's picks and investors shouldn't bet against him. XOM fell 1% to $94.13. Wells Fargo downgraded J.M. Smucker (SJM) to sell from hold based on decelerating growth in single-serve coffee sales. Cramer agreed the company did not have a great quarter. SJM was off 2.4% to $102.29.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV