Carmike Cinemas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CKEC), a leading entertainment, digital cinema and 3-D motion picture exhibitor, today announced the scheduling of a special December 7 (10:00 a.m. local time) community fundraiser that is being co-hosted by the Red Cross at Carmike’s Sunnyland Cinema 10 (40 Sunnyland Plaza, Washington, IL 61571).
That morning the Red Cross will collect all monetary donations, which will benefit the many families affected by the tornado that touched down in the Washington area last month. Attendees are cordially invited to join fellow donors for a free movie, small drink and popcorn, courtesy of Carmike, in exchange for their charitable contributions.
Carmike Cinemas President and Chief Executive Officer David Passman stated, “We are honored to play a part in the local Washington community by assisting the Red Cross in their efforts to raise needed funds for the region. The November 18 storm tragically caused a loss of life as well as extensive damage to local homes, schools and other property throughout the area. We look forward to a tremendous turnout on Saturday and helping raise awareness and funds that will benefit this very important cause.”
Visit www.carmike.com for movie listings and exact show times.About Carmike Cinemas ( www.carmike.com ) Carmike Cinemas, Inc. is a U.S. leader in digital cinema, 3-D cinema deployments and one of the nation’s largest motion picture exhibitors. As of September 30, 2013, the Company had 247 theatres with 2,521 screens in 36 states, with a digital footprint of 2,418 screens, including 229 locations with 954 screens also equipped for 3-D. The circuit includes 32 premium large format auditoriums featuring state-of-the-art technology and luxurious seating, including 20 “BigDs,” 10 IMAX ® auditoriums and two MuviXL screens. As “America’s Hometown Theatre Chain,” Carmike’s primary focus is small to mid-sized community locations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV