3M announced today that Sarah L. Williams will join the company as Chief Communications Officer, effective Jan. 1, 2014. She joins 3M with more than 25 years of journalistic, editorial and communications experience. She will report to the senior vice president, Corporate Communications and Enterprise Services, Ian Hardgrove.
“In this role Sarah will lead our global communications team in designing and executing global communication strategies that strongly position 3M with key internal and external stakeholders around the world,” said Hardgrove.
“I’m excited to join 3M and build a global communications team that shares the excitement of 3M’s innovation,” Williams said.
Most recently, Williams was director, Executive Communications at Walmart. Prior, she served as speechwriter for the chancellor of the University of California, Davis, and senior speechwriter for the governor of California. She also has held positions of increasing responsibility leading large writing teams at newspapers such as The Seattle Times. Williams holds a bachelor’s degree in Journalism – News Writing/Editing from California State University, Fresno, and was named the Outstanding News-Editorial Graduate.About 3M3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV