House of Cards Returns in February
Netflix is making all 13 episodes of the drama available immediately, similar to what it did with the first season. This allows users to "binge watch" and consume as much content as they want at any given time.
House of Cards has been a big hit for Netflix. The company added consumers after the show was aired, though Netflix refused to disclose how many.
"We cumulatively kind of gain audiences as we go along and House of Cards got another unique bump when the show was nominated for the Emmy Awards," said Ted Sarandos, Netflix chief content officer and vice president, on Netflix's earnings call. "It was a measurable bump in both users and hours watched as people discovered the show for the first time and or returned to the show after having tried it at the beginning, so we are seeing kind of -- they are certainly not dead after the first couple of days or the first couple of weeks to the show and they continue to find unifying new audience."
Below is the trailer for the second season of the popular political drama that stars Kevin Spacey and is directed by David Fincher.--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV