Deere (DE) Highlighted As Storm The Castle Stock
- DE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $296.1 million.
- DE has traded 286,541 shares today.
- DE is trading at 2.39 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DE crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DE: Deere & Company manufactures and distributes agriculture and turf equipment, and construction and forestry equipment worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. DE has a PE ratio of 9.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Deere a buy, 7 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Deere has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Deere has a market cap of $32.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 3.9% with 4.51 days to cover. Shares are down 4.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Deere as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Machinery industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $687.60 million to $806.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,666.50 million or 15.77% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, DEERE & CO's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 34.67%.
- Despite the weak revenue results, DE has outperformed against the industry average of 21.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- DEERE & CO has improved earnings per share by 20.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DEERE & CO increased its bottom line by earning $9.08 versus $7.64 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.9% in earnings ($8.45 versus $9.08).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, DEERE & CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Deere Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.