New Home Sales Rebound, Beating Expectations
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- New single family home sales rose at an annualized pace of 25.4% in October, according to the latest Commerce Department estimates released Wednesday.
The figure, which implies an annualized pace of 444,000 sales, was ahead of estimates of 429,000, according to research from CRT Capital Markets. It comes after a decline of 6.6% in September.
The median price of new houses sold in October 2013 was $245,800; the average price was $321,700.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.Follow @dan_freed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV