Don't Miss Out: Top 5 Yielding Sell-Rated Stocks: AMID, ACRE, SXE, STB, TAC
Southcross Energy Partners (NYSE: SXE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.30%. Southcross Energy Partners, L.P., a midstream natural gas company, provides natural gas gathering, processing, treating, compression, and transportation services in the United States. It also offers natural gas liquid (NGL) fractionation and transportation services. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.68. The average volume for Southcross Energy Partners has been 29,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Southcross Energy Partners has a market cap of $236.0 million and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 19.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Southcross Energy Partners as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for SOUTHCROSS ENERGY PRTNRS LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 5.66%. Regardless of SXE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.53% trails the industry average.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 0.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$4.04 million to -$4.07 million.
- SXE's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.80 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.87 is weak.
- Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, SOUTHCROSS ENERGY PRTNRS LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SXE has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 18.06% from its price level of one year ago.
- You can view the full Southcross Energy Partners Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV