5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks Leading The Pack: AI, CNSL, RSO, MMLP, APU
Resource Capital Corporation (NYSE: RSO) shares currently have a dividend yield of 13.50%. Resource Capital Corp., a specialty finance company, purchases and manages a diversified portfolio of commercial real estate-related assets and commercial finance assets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.35. The average volume for Resource Capital Corporation has been 891,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Resource Capital Corporation has a market cap of $757.5 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 5.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Resource Capital Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 30.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.46 million to $24.12 million.
- The gross profit margin for RESOURCE CAPITAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 55.97%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RSO's net profit margin of 68.27% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- RSO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 19.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, RSO has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Resource Capital Corporation Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV