"Never underestimate the power of pleasure in motivating and sustaining reading and improvement in reading," Wilhelm said. "And never underestimate the deep psychological work, psychological satisfaction, and human development that is occurring for readers of freely chosen texts. Books that are often marginalized by educators or parents are often the best choice for the readers at any given point in their own human developmental journeys."
Published by Scholastic Teaching Resources, Reading Unbound is available for purchase in PDF format through Scholastic Teacher Express starting today, with the print edition scheduled for release in January 2014 and available for pre-order through online retailers and for educators through the Scholastic Teacher Store Online. The first 10 pages are available for FREE download through Teacher Express.
Previous titles by Wilhelm and Smith include Getting it Right and Fresh Takes on Teaching Literacy Elements.
Both authors are available for interviews.For more information about Scholastic, visit our online media room at http://mediaroom.scholastic.com. SOURCE Scholastic Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV