Watch Out: Barbarians At The Gate For BRE Properties (BRE)
- BRE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.0 million.
- BRE has traded 163,570 shares today.
- BRE traded in a range 314.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.14.
- BRE traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 531 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 531 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BRE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BRE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BRE: BRE Properties Inc. is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It focuses on the development, acquisition, and management of multifamily apartment communities. BRE Properties Inc. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. BRE has a PE ratio of 23.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate BRE Properties a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for BRE Properties has been 561,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. BRE has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 3.3% with 3.35 days to cover. Shares are up 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BRE Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BRE PROPERTIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BRE PROPERTIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.86 versus $0.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.10 versus $0.86).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 66.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.80 million to $23.03 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $57.18 million or 4.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, BRE PROPERTIES INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 8.44%.
- You can view the full BRE Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.