- Traditional Male (15 percent) – A slightly older group of men who are more set in their ways and would like to turn back the clock to more traditional gender roles. They are big fans of home cooking, but likely believe it should be done by the woman of the house.
- Modern-Day Male (12 percent) – These are more forward-thinking male shoppers that believe in equality, and enjoy being active participants in sharing household chores and cooking. They also enjoy home-cooked meals, but might prefer being the actual chef.
- Primal Male (14 percent) – This group tends to be older and often believes they are the dominant sex and can better handle cooking and shopping roles compared to their female counterparts.
- Confused Male (19 percent) –This younger group of men tends to be in a state of confusion when it comes to gender roles. Possibly unconsciously, they think women should do the cooking and cleaning but another part of them doesn't want to offend women, and looks to appease them. They also often struggle with their identity and hesitate to show off their feminine side.
- Discerning Male (20 percent) – These highly educated men usually command a higher income and share many similar traits to the Modern Day archetype as they also believe in equality, supporting their spouse in any way needed, and owning many of the household chores. They are more involved in food shopping, and focus on the highest quality options. They are also somewhat more likely to tap into their feminine side.
- Heckled Male (20 percent) – Similar to their Confused Male shopper brethren, this group of men do their best to avoid conflict and will bend to the will of the women in their life. They strongly believe in equality, the splitting of household chores and are not afraid to show their feminine side. But they don't want to challenge the women in their life and may even have felt "beaten" down in their past relationships.
"Men On A Mission" Study From Daymon Worldwide Gets Inside The Heads Of Male Shoppers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.