- Blackstone has taken the lead this quarter for investment banks in volume and number, pushing out Houlihan Lokey Inc. and Navigant Capital Advisors LLC, respectively, with $721.1 billion in volume and 29 cases versus $83.7 billion in volume and 20 cases. An assignment as financial adviser to unsecured creditors on the Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. case pushed it over the top for the third quarter. The top five investment banks by volume were rounded out by Jefferies LLC with $45.8 billion in assets, Lazard with $36.9 billion in assets, and Moelis & Co. LLC with $36.6 billion in assets.
- Top investment bankers by volume were Timothy Coleman (Blackstone Group LP), Eric Siegert (Houlihan Lokey Inc.), Leon Szlezinger (Jefferies LLC), Mick Solimene (Macquarie Capital ( USA) Inc.), and Edward Casas (Navigant Capital Advisors LLC).
- The top two law firms by volume remained the same as Q1 and Q2 with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP with cases totaling $1,074.1 billion in assets and White & Case LLP with $1,055.8 billion in assets. Rounding out the top five were Duane Morris LLP with $1043.5 billion in assets, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP with $1031.7 billion in assets, and Saul Ewing LLP with $1,017.9 billion in assets.
- Amongst lawyers, Michael Schein ( Vedder Price PC), Thomas Lauria (White & Case LLP), Douglas Rosner (Goulston & Storrs PC), Richard Hahn (Debevoise & Plimpton LLP), and Douglas Lipke ( Vedder Price PC) all maintained their top 5 rankings from Q2.
- Heading the list of newcomers to The Deal Pipeline's bankruptcy league tables for the third quarter is Emerald Capital Advisors. The New York crisis management firm got on two deals—as the trustee and financial adviser to the Energy Conversion Devices Inc. liquidation trust and as the chief restructuring officer to Coda Holdings Inc. (now Adoc Holdings Inc.)—right after it began operations earlier this year, according to founder and senior managing director John P. Madden. The cases and two others of more than $10 million in assets shot Emerald to the No. 16 spot by volume ( $1.7 billion).
The Deal Announces Results Of Q3 2013 Bankruptcy League Tables
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.