Wall Street Webcasting has prepared and provided for you an exclusive broadcast of Wells Fargo Securities own, Rich Gordon. Gordon is highly recognized for his weekly narrates regarding the fixed income strategy at Wells Fargo Securities ( NYSE: WFC). This week, Gordon concentrates on the dust that seems to finally be settling in the market, and how this has created a hopeful outlook on the year to come.
Implied volatility levels on both equities and interest rates are 15% below where they were only 6 months earlier. This has lifted the credit-sensitive fixed income sectors, and has been drawing in plenty of new attention from investors. The consensus estimates in regards to the outcome of this week’s Non-Farm Payroll’s report is such that it will be yet another positive addition to the already confident market data.
Janet Yellen becoming the new Fed Chairman is being taken into careful consideration by the investment community. Mrs. Yellen has proven to have a similar policy strategy compared with the policy of the current Fed Chairman, Ben Bernanke. Mrs. Yellen does; however, seem to have a more immiscible monetary policy, compared with Mr. Bernanke. This is thought to be the appropriate approach in order to strengthen the U.S. economy, and to restore composure in the job market.
The S&P is up 27% for the year. This may not be the result of an accretion in corporate earnings, but rather due to an increase in the P/E ratio of the S&P. All in all, this shows that stocks are growing richer. The 10-Year Treasury Yield has also been looking upward; closing at nearly 2.80% on Monday. All of this strong economic data has cultivated hopeful spirits as to which direction the economy will be heading in the year 2014.To hear a more in-depth explanation of the harmony in the U.S.’s economy right now, please tune into Wells Fargo Securities’ latest video.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV