The holidays are a busy time for both business owners and individuals. From holiday parties and increased travel, to hiring thousands of temporary workers and managing more crowded storefronts, the hectic pace of the holidays presents a number of seasonal risks. Safety professionals from Travelers, who specialize in providing risk management services, are available for interviews to provide some practical tips on how to stay safe during the holidays.
Four Tips to Help Businesses Enjoy a Prosperous Holiday Season:
- Keep close tabs on your supply chain – an interruption in expected inventory could break a business’s holiday sales.
- Prevent theft, because it comes in many forms – cargo theft and warehouse theft are just two ways potential thieves may target valuables.
- Train your seasonal workers – U.S. businesses are projected to add more than 700,000 temporary workers during the holidays; ensure they are properly trained on your company’s policies and procedures.
- Protect yourself against holiday cyber attacks – online holiday sales are estimated to top $80 billion this year, according to Shop.org, which means having the right cyber security in place is critical.
Five Tips to Help Consumers Be Safe This Holiday Season:
- Watch out for porch pirates – packages left at your home’s front door are a tempting target for thieves, but there are ways to stay on top of those important deliveries.
- Beware of parking lot pilfering – keep those holiday packages sitting in your car out of plain sight.
- Protect your identity, both online and in stores – 64 percent of Americans say they are worried about identity theft, according to the Travelers Consumer Risk Index, but simple steps can help safeguard your personal information.
- Travel safely – more than 80 million Americans are expected to travel by car this holiday season; prepare in advance for hazards posed by both weather and other drivers.
- Prevent a home fire – home fires caused by candles occur more frequently Dec. 23–Dec. 25 than any other time of year, so be sure to use them carefully.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV