(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon Publishing today announced the launch of StoryFront, a new imprint offering high-quality short fiction across genres and home of the digital literary journal Day One, a weekly publication dedicated to short fiction and poetry from emerging writers.
“Based on the continued success of short fiction on Kindle as well as the enthusiastic response to Day One—we received thousands of subscriptions in the first week—we know readers are hungry for short stories and excited about exploring new genres,” said Daphne Durham, Publisher of Adult Trade and Children’s Group. “With StoryFront, we’re feeding that enthusiasm by offering a wide range of stories curated by a team of editors who are committed to the craft.”
StoryFront will publish a variety of works, including offering stories originally published in Day One for purchase a la carte. “I’m thrilled that Day One short stories will be made available individually, and I’m grateful and so excited that ‘The Saltwater Cure’ will have this chance to find new readers,” said Clare Beams, one of the first Day One authors to have her short story offered a la carte.
StoryFront launches with stories from debut and best-selling authors, including:
- “Sheila” by Rebecca Adams Wright, the first story published in Day One
- “A Bite of Strawberry” by William Lashner, featuring the long-awaited return of defense attorney Victor Carl
- “Museum of Literary Souls” by John Connolly, a page-turner that blurs the lines between fact and fiction
- “Farmer One” by Christian Cantrell, a dystopian adventure set in a future gone utterly awry
- “The 12 Days of Christmas,” a series created by authors Gemma Halliday, Kim Law, HP Mallory, Kathleen Bacus, Diane Kelly, Susan Donovan, Kyra Davis, Amanda Brice, Angie Fox, Robin Kaye, Jana DeLeon, and Leslie Langtry