(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced that this holiday shopping weekend was the best ever for Kindle, with customers purchasing more Kindle Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers than ever before. Additionally, Kindle Fire HDX 7” and Kindle Fire HD were the best-selling items on Amazon.com this holiday shopping weekend.
“We’re excited that so many customers have chosen Kindle this holiday season—and it’s just getting started!” said Neil Lindsay, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. “Our new Kindle Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers are the best we’ve ever built, and we can’t wait for customers to unwrap their gifts this holiday.”
The Kindle family is available for purchase on Amazon.com as well as at retailers like Best Buy, Radio Shack and Staples in time for the holidays:
- The $69 Kindle—small, light and fast, Kindle is the perfect entry-level Kindle for any reader.
- Kindle Paperwhite—the world’s most advanced e-reader—only $119.
- The $139 Kindle Fire HD—the best tablet for kids and families with the free Kindle FreeTime feature.
- Kindle Fire HDX—with a stunning exclusive 7” or 8.9” HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, twice the memory, and up to 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features like X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday button.
Here’s what reviewers are saying about Kindle Fire HDX 8.9”:
- “..the HDX 8.9 is light. Absurdly light. Dumb light. It makes the already featherweight one-pound iPad Air feel like it's made out of lead by comparison.” – Gizmodo
- “Amazon is clearly waging a battle on the display front. The company keeps upping its game, and indeed, the screen here dazzles, with 2,560 x 1,600 resolution and a pixel density of 339 pixels per inch.” – Engadget
- “The Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 is a performance monster that speeds through Web sites and UI navigation at a frantic pace. Its screen is impressively sharp and its body amazingly light for a larger tablet. The Mayday feature gives personal and near-instant customer service.” – CNet
- “For full-sized consumer tablets you’re really going to be choosing between two models (three if you feel adventuresome): the Apple iPad Air and the fully redesigned and quite exquisite Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9.” – Mashable
- “What’s most striking about the HDX 8.9 is just how light it is. At 13.2 ounces, it’s 34 percent lighter than last year’s model (Amazon shaved off nearly 7 ounces), and a full 20 percent lighter than the iPad Air.” – The Verge
- “…it [Kindle Fire HDX 8.9”] is emerging as the strongest challenger yet to Apple's device.” – Associated Press
- “The Fire HDX beat out the new iPad Air in brightness, screen reflectance, and absolute color accuracy – all of which are key to a enjoyable tablet experience.” – Wired
- “This is probably the best screen I own for watching movies.” – TechHive
- “On the LAPTOP Battery Test – continuous Web surfing over Wi-Fi on 40 percent brightness-- the HDX 8.9-inch lasted an epic 13 hours and 42 minutes.” – Laptop
- “At the end of the day, the Kindle Fire HDX offers the best raw hardware performance.” – CNN Money
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV