NYSE Euronext (NYX) today announced trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for November 2013 1. Global derivatives average daily volume (“ADV”) of 6.6 million contracts, excluding Bclear in November 2013 increased 1.6% compared to November 2012 and increased 1.7% from October 2013. U.S. equity options volumes in November 2013 decreased 7.8% compared to November 2012 and decreased 4.4% sequentially. ADV in U.S. cash equities declined 12.6% year-over-year and decreased 5.2% month-over-month. European cash equities ADV in November 2013 increased 14.4% compared to November 2012, but decreased 3.3% from October 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV in November 2013 of 6.6 million contracts, excluding Bclear increased 1.6% from November 2012 and increased 1.7% from October 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in November 2013 of 2.8 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 18.7% compared to November 2012 and increased 11.3% from October 2013 levels. Including Bclear, NYSE Liffe’s trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives ADV decreased 19.1% compared to November 2012, but increased 10.9% from October 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV of 3.7 million contracts in November 2013 decreased 7.8% compared to November 2012 levels and decreased 4.4% from October 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges accounted for 26.0% of total U.S. consolidated equity options trading in November 2013, down from 28.1% in November 2012, but up from 25.0% in October 2013.
- NYSE Liffe U.S. ADV of approximately 32,300 contracts decreased from 51,500 contracts in November 2012, but increased from 29,900 contracts in October 2013.
- NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.3 million transactions in November 2013 increased 14.4% compared to November 2012, but decreased 3.2% compared to October 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.4 billion shares in November 2013 decreased 12.6% compared to November 2012 and decreased 5.2 % compared to October 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in November 2013 was 29.5%, down from 31.7% in November 2012, but up from 29.4% in October 2013.
Please click here for the Monthly Transaction Activity Data Table.
|1||All NYSE Euronext derivatives transactions count buy and sell orders together as a single transaction. NYSE Euronext European equities transactions count each buy and sell order as separate transactions, NYSE Euronext U.S. equities transactions count buy and sell orders together as a single transaction.|
About IntercontinentalExchange GroupIntercontinentalExchange Group (NYSE:ICE) is the leading network of regulated exchanges and clearing houses for financial and commodity markets. ICE delivers transparent, reliable and accessible data, technology and risk management services to markets around the world through its portfolio of exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange, ICE Futures, Liffe and Euronext.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV