15 Things You Didn't Know About the Australian Economy
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- I come from the Land Down Under. If there's one takeaway from my time in the U.S. (other than fried equals delicious), it's that we Australians are better known for our koalas, kangaroos, kookaburras and crocodile-wrestling residents than, say, our economic prowess.
But through 2014, Australia's economy will be front and center as the nation chairs the G20, setting the agenda of its yearlong presidency and culminating in the ninth summit of the heads of government in Brisbane on Nov. 15-16.
To better equip for the year ahead, swap the Stars and Stripes for the Southern Cross, don your cork hat and wind the clocks forward 16 hours. Here's a crash course in the 15 things you may not have known about the Australian economy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV