DUBLIN, Ohio, Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cardinal Health Foundation recently awarded more than $350,000 in grant funding to 29 non-profit organizations that are dedicated to the fight against prescription drug abuse.
Grant recipients were selected from key communities where either a high concentration of Cardinal Health employees live and work, and/or where the community is particularly focused on addressing prescription drug misuse/abuse. Recipients have been awarded funding in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $15,000.
The following organizations received funding from the Cardinal Health Foundation:
- Adena Health System – Chillicothe, OH
- Asian-American Community Services – Upper Arlington, OH
- Berger Health Foundation – Circleville, OH
- Cedarville University School of Pharmacy – Cedarville, OH
- Community Awareness and Prevention Association – Brecksville, OH
- Concord Counseling Services – Westerville, FL
- Drug Free America Foundation Inc – Saint Petersburg, FL
- Dublin Counseling Center – Dublin, OH
- East Tennessee State University College of Pharmacy – Johnson City, TN
- Family and Youth Initiatives – New Carlisle, OH
- Foundations for Franklin County Inc – Union, MO
- Hermanas Carmelitas Teresas De San Jose Inc – Canovanas, PR
- Kenosha Human Development Services Inc – Kenosha, WI
- Linking Efforts Against Drugs (LEAD) – Lake Forest, IL
- LifeTown Columbus – New Albany, OH
- Morehead State University Office of Counseling and Health Services – Morehead, KY
- Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities Foundation – Columbus, OH
- Pathways of Central Ohio – Newark, OH
- Robert Crown Center for Health Education – Hinsdale, IL
- Safe Community Coalition of Madison and Dane County Inc – Madison, WI
- Skits Outreach Services Inc – Hudson, WI
- The Ohio State University Foundation – Columbus, OH
- Tyler's Light Inc – Wheeling, WV
- University of Florida College of Pharmacy – Gainesville, FL
- University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy – Albuquerque, NM
- University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy – Pittsburgh, PA
"We understand the critical role community-based education plays in combating this growing public health epidemic, and we believe that local, non-profit organizations are key in the effort to prevent prescription drug abuse," said Betsy Walker, community relations manager for Cardinal Health.This is the fourth year that the Cardinal Health Foundation has offered this funding through its Prescription Drug Abuse and Misuse Prevention Grant Program. All 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations are eligible to apply, but priority consideration is given to programs that are specifically focused on increasing awareness of the dangers of misusing and abusing prescription medications and to those that educate communities about the proper use and disposal of prescription drugs. Preventing prescription drug abuse is one of the key strategic priorities of the Cardinal Health Foundation. Since 2009, the Cardinal Health Foundation has partnered with The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy to develop four GenerationRx toolkits: comprehensive suites of materials designed to help health care providers, pharmacists, parents, teachers and other concerned citizens educate teen and adult audiences about the dangers of prescription drug abuse. A fifth toolkit focused on medication safety for elementary-aged children will be launched in early 2014. These toolkits can be downloaded free of charge at www.CardinalHealth.com/GenerationRx. About the Cardinal Health Foundation – The Cardinal Health Foundation supports local, national and international programs that improve health care efficiency, effectiveness and excellence and the overall wellness of the communities where Cardinal Health's (NYSE: CAH) 33,000 employees live and work. The Cardinal Health Foundation also offers grants to encourage community service among its employees and works through international agencies to donate much-needed medical supplies and funding to those who need them in times of disaster. To learn more, visit CardinalHealth.com/community. SOURCE Cardinal Health Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV