DALLAS, Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a new interface IC that provides a MIPI ® DSI bridge between the graphics processor and embedded DisplayPort (eDP) panel. It supports the industry's highest screen resolution up to 4K2Kp60 for tablets, clamshell notebooks and all-in-one PCs. Compared to competitive devices, the SN65DSI86's 1.5-Gbps DSI data rate delivers more than 30 percent higher bandwidth. In addition, its dual MIPI DSI channels in a 20-percent smaller, 5-mm by 5-mm package saves PCB area, providing system designers greater design flexibility for space-constrained mobile applications. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/sn65dsi86-pr.
See the SN65DSI86 demonstrated at the TI Village in the North Hall Meeting Rooms at CES 2014.
Key features and benefits of the SN65DSI86:
- Optimized MIPI DSI bridge to eDP: Supports LCD panels up to 4096 by 2160p with 18 bits per pixel (bpp) at 60 frames per second (fps), and 1920 by 1200 WXUGA 3D resolution (24 bpp) at 120 fps with odd/even or left/right configurations. This gives system designers the flexibility to support a variety of different panels and resolutions.
- Higher DSI frequency/bandwidth: Dual-channel, four MIPI DSI lanes support 1.5 Gbps, offering a maximum input bandwidth of 12 Gbps for the highest data throughput performance compared to competitive solutions. Compatibility with eDP version 1.4 supports seven data rates up to 5.4 Gbps HBR2, which allows system designers to use fewer wire and board traces between the device and LCD panel.
- Ultra-low power: Power consumption of less than 200-mW active, 30-mW suspend power and 3-mW shutdown extends system battery life.
- Advanced signal conditioning: Combination of receive equalization, selectable transmitter de-emphasis and output swing enables flexible component location, and allows for longer traces between the graphics processor and SN65DSI86, as well as longer cables from the bridge chip to LCD panel.
- Order samples of the SN65DSI86.
- Download the data sheet for the SN65DSI86.
- See a mobile tablet interface IC video.
- Search for system block diagrams on the computing & multimedia applications page.
- Follow what TI signal chain experts have to say on our blog: www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts