QlikTech, (NASDAQ: QLIK), a leader in user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), today announced the winners of the Take Action Open Data Challenge, which invited participants to use QlikView to uncover unexpected insights from public data that could have an impact to positively change the world.
The winners include:
- 1 st Place for Best Overall App ($10,000): “Do You Realize” tells the story of how big the human impact is on the planet, making users of the application realize that everyone can make a difference. It offers access to multiple sources of information, including videos assets, and encourages people to take action.
- 2 nd Place for Best Overall App ($5,000): According to the National Adoption Database (CNA), there are more than 5 applicants (singles or couples) aspiring to adopt per child. “Adoption in Brazil” uses data in an attempt to explain why there are so many children waiting to be adopted in a time when more applicants are trying to adopt children.
- 3rd Place for Best Overall App ($2,500): “Italian Schools Navigator” describes the Italian school system into its constituent elements: institutes, teachers, students, infrastructure, and costs over the territory. Users can compare schools by territory and type and view location results on an integrated Google Map.
Winning apps are now featured on http://demo.qlikview.com.
The Take Action Open Data Challenge, which ran from August 22 nd through October 31 st, was open to QlikView customers, partners, developers, and newbies. Five semi-finalists were announced November 15 th and the three top winners were voted on by members of QlikCommunity ( http://community.qlikview.com), QlikTech’s online community for its QlikView product.To learn more about the discoveries made from these winning apps, follow us on Twitter at @QlikView ( https://twitter.com/QlikView) and like us on Facebook at facebook.com/qlikview ( https://www.facebook.com/qlikview). About QlikTech QlikTech (NASDAQ: QLIK) reveals meaning in data so people can act on it. The QlikView Business Discovery software platform and Qlik Customer Success Framework provide the people, technology and services to help organizations progressively optimize how they use data as a strategic resource. QlikView uses Natural Analytics™ to support the way our human curiosity naturally searches and processes information, revealing insights and enabling decisions in the process. From small businesses to the largest global enterprises, QlikView gives users the immediate insights they need and IT professionals the enterprise manageability and governance they require. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, QlikTech has offices around the world serving approximately 30,000 customers in over 100 countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV