- More than 80 percent of survey respondents admit to using non-approved SaaS applications in their jobs.
- Nearly 35 percent of all SaaS applications used within the enterprise are non-approved, contributing to Shadow IT.
- Microsoft Office 365 is the top unapproved SaaS application (9 percent of respondents), followed closely by Zoho (8 percent), LinkedIn (7 percent) and Facebook (7 percent).
- On average, 15 percent of users have experienced a security, access, or liability event while using SaaS.
- IT professionals use Shadow IT more than business users (81 percent of Line of Business users, and 83 percent of IT users).
- 39 percent of IT respondents use unauthorized SaaS because, “it allows me to bypass IT processes”, while 18 percent agreed that IT restrictions “make it difficult to do my job.”
McAfee Finds Eighty Percent Of Employees Use Unapproved Apps At Work
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts